Call for Contributions to the CALA 50th Anniversary Special Issue
CALA is celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2023. As part of this celebration, we will be collecting and archiving documents, photos and all other materials that reflect CALA’s historical moments, its people, and the accomplishments of this diverse community.
The newsletter subcommittee cordially invites you to participate by sending your stories, photos, projects, and reflections, chapter updates from 2013-2022. Building on the 40th anniversary’s project, we are seeking reflections from the past 10 years to include in this newsletter for 50th anniversary. Contributions will be published in the CALA Newsletter and may be shared with CALA channels (such as CALA 40th special issue, CALA website, CALA Facebook, Twitter, or CALA YouTube Channel).
In addition, regular submissions can also be submitted and can focus on, but not limited to, the following areas:
- News & Announcements
- Features (Interviews of librarians or CALA advocates)
- Member News
- Achievements, Promotions & Awards
- Publications & Reviews
- Visits, Conferences & Travels
- Opinions & Perspectives (on current library issues)
- Trends, Technology & Observations
- Chapter Highlights
- Programs & Outreach that have a positive impact on librarians, library workers & community
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Allyship initiatives
- International Outreach
- Albums (of people, events and other things)
Articles should be between 100 to 1500 words, but exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis.
The Newsletter Subcommittee, however, would like to encourage committees, task force chairs and chapter presidents to submit any other news and photos. (See Past Issues for examples).
To contribute content to CALA, please email the co-editors: Esther De Leon, firstname.lastname@example.org and Xiping Liu, email@example.com by the deadline, 12/1/2022.
With much appreciation,
The CALA Newsletter Subcommittee
Esther De Leon