CALA Chapter President Travel Grant
This grant supports applicants to attend ALA Annual Conferences only. All current (2023-2024) presidents or vice presidents of any CALA chapters are eligible for this grant. Each recipient will receive a check for $300 from CALA Treasurer. No more than one recipient will be awarded for each chapter. The CALA's Executive Committee will approve the recommendations made by the subcommittee and announce the final recipients to the CALA listserv in early May.
The complete application packet, including:
- A completed CALA 2023-2024 Chapter President Travel Grant Application Form
- An updated CV,
- A statement outlining the needs and benefits of the grant, and
- Supporting documentation that denotes the applicant's assigned professional or administrative responsibility at the ALA conference: a copy of the conference invitation or confirmation letter, an abstract of a presentation or a poster, or a recommendation letter from the attendee’s supervisor, peer professional, or faculty adviser.
Grant Recipient Requirements:
- Each grant recipient must submit a one-page report of the experience to the CALA Travel Grant Subcommittee within one month after attending conferences.
- The submitted reports will be posted on the CALA website and published in the CALA Newsletter.
- Each grant recipient must submit a registration receipt to CALA Treasurer for reimbursement of the registration fee.
- All grant recipients must serve in a CALA committee/subcommittee/taskforce the following year and participate in CALA events actively.
Application Deadline: TBD.
Announcement of the final recipients will be made by the committee no later than TBD.