Call for applications for the CALA 2023-2024 Conference Travel Grant
Dear CALA Members,
We are delighted to inform you that the CALA Conference Travel Grant Subcommittee is currently accepting applications for the 2023-2024 Conference Travel Grant. This year, there are 16 grants available for CALA members.
The purpose of this travel grant is to support CALA members in their professional and career development by facilitating their active participation in professional conferences.
Since there will now not be a World Library and Information Conference in 2024, the Executive Committee has decided to increase the amount of travel grant funding for 10 CALA members to attend the 2024 ALA Annual Conference ($1000/person). Additionally, there will be 6 travel grants for CALA members to attend library conferences hosted in China ($500/person). For library conferences hosted in China, the funding can be used to cover conferences held up till December 31, 2024. Upon approval of the recommendation by CALA’s Executive Committee and the announcement on the CALA list, each recipient will receive a check from the CALA Treasurer upon the submission of the conference report.
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a current CALA member in good standing and have served (including the application year) on CALA and its chapters’ boards, committees, or working groups, etc.
- All CALA members are welcome to apply. Priority will be given to those who have assigned a duty committee, or serve as an officer to convene a meeting.
- All grant-related activities must occur within the funding period of the year, which runs from July 1, 2023, to June 30, 2024. However, for travel grants supporting library conferences in China, the period is extended until December 31, 2024.
- The applicant must not have received the CALA conference travel grant in the past three years.
A complete application package should include the following documents:
- A completed CALA Conference Travel Grant Application Form (attached).
- A statement of no more than 500 words outlining the applicant’s needs and the benefits of receiving the grant.
- Supporting documentation should demonstrate the applicant’s assigned professional or administrative responsibility at the conference. Examples of acceptable documentation include a copy of the conference invitation letter, an abstract of the presentation or paper, and a recommendation letter from a supervisor or peers, among other relevant materials.
- An updated Curriculum Vitae.
Grant recipients are required to fulfill the following obligations:
- Submit a one-page report on their conference experience to the CALA Travel Grant Subcommittee within one month following the attended conference.
- The submitted reports will be posted on the CALA website and published in the CALA Newsletter.
- All grant recipients must actively serve in a CALA committee, subcommittee, or task force the following year.
The application deadline for the Travel Grant is March 31, 2024. The committee will announce the final recipients no later than May 10, 2024.
Please email the complete Travel Grant Application Form and all required documents to:
Ping Fu Chair email@example.com
Haiyun Cao Member firstname.lastname@example.org
Lucy Gan Member email@example.com
Yingqi Tang Member firstname.lastname@example.org
Susen Shi Member email@example.com
CALA Travel Grant Subcommittee: firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage CALA members to take advantage of this opportunity to further their professional growth and contribute to the vibrant CALA community.
CALA Conference Travel Grant Subcommittee