Call for Proposals: CALA Poster Presentations at ALA Annual 2023 in Chicago, IL
2023 CALA Poster Presentations at ALA Annual
Session Description: Heading to ALA Annual Conference in Chicago? Consider presenting a poster! The CALA poster session provides an ideal platform for CALA members to showcase, discuss and share achievements in research, work in progress, examples of best practice, innovative services, and community development in an informal scholarly setting. The session will be held at the same location as the CALA 50th anniversary social (June 24, Saturday from 4:00-5:30 pm). The poster session will be 1 hour.
Location: McCormick Place, ALA Convention Center, Room TBA
Date/Time: June 24, Saturday 4-5 pm.
Selection Criteria: Poster session proposals will be evaluated by the CALA Annual Conference Program Planning Committee using the following criteria:
- Does the title accurately reflect the content? Is it descriptive, attractive, and inviting?\
- Is the proposal clearly written?\
- Is the project or research of high quality or high impact?\
- Originality/innovation of the project. How a new idea is applied to the project?\
- Does the project or research contribute to the Library and Information Science field? Can it be generalized to other libraries, or other fields and disciplines?
Please submit the poster proposal information here.
Proposals are due on March 3. 2023 (Friday) at 6 pm PT/9 pm ET.
Acceptance will be notified no later than March 8 (Wednesday). If accepted, you will need to bring a physical poster to present.
For past posters by CALA members in 2022, please take a look at CALASYS.
CALA Annual Conference Planning Committee:
Ray Pun, Vincci Kwong, & Crystal Chen