Call for Nomination * 2009 CALA Distinguished Service Award
The 2007/09 Chinese American Librarians Association (CALA) Awards Committee would like to call for nomination of candidates for the CALA Distinguished Service Award. The criteria are:
- The recipient of the award shall have consistently demonstrated outstanding leadership and achievement in library and information services at the national and/or international level. Distinguished contributions and services to the advancement of Chinese-American librarianship shall receive special consideration from the Awards Committee.
- The Award is a permanent recognition. No individual can receive the award more than once; and
- There shall be no special consideration for or against a candidate's age, gender, nationality, or length of service to the profession. The recipients need not be a member of the Association.
The CALA Distinguished Service Award is established to recognize an individual each year for her/his outstanding contributions to librarianship in general and to Chinese-American librarianship in particular. The word "librarianship" is defined broadly to include the fields of information science, educational media and archives. The award consist of a citation and a plaque. The recipient will be honored at the 2009 CALA Awards Banquet in July 2009 during the ALA Annual Conference in Chicago.
Please send your nomination package via e-mail with attachments (preferred) or by mail to the CALA Distinguished Service Award Committee members below:
The nomination package should include the following items:
- formal nomination letter from nominator
- 3 (no more than 5) supporting letters
- nominee's vita
- samples of publications (no more than 5)
- awards and honors received, and
- other supporting documentation
The deadline of nomination is: Thursday, April 30, 2009.
The CALA 2008/09 Awards Committee
Cathy Yang, Chair