Michael Bailou Huang, Chair
Sally C. Tseng
Is this an interim or annual report? Annual report
List significant activities the committee has done since last report:
· We continue to share information in CALA listserv about international conferences especially those to be held in China that might be of interest to our members.
· We continue to keep a working relationship with the Library Society of China (LSC).
· A panel titled “Exploration and practice of innovative services in U.S. libraries” will be presented at the Chinese Library Conference and Exhibition, sponsored by the Ministry of Culture of P. R. China and organized by the Library Society of China, November 7-9, 2013, Shanghai, China. The panel has been organized by Michael Bailou Huang and speakers include: Margaret Donnellan Todd, the County of Los Angeles Public Library; Wen Wen Zhang, West Covina Library; Andrew Yanqing Lee, George Mason University; Jin Xiu Guo, Washington College; Fu Zhuo, Thomas Burns, Scott Curtis, Anne Allen, University of Missouri-Kansas City; Yingting Zhang, UMDNJ-RWJ Library of the Health Sciences; Lianhong Liana Zhou, the Kinsey Institute, Indiana University Bloomington; and Haipeng Li, Hong Kong Baptist University.
· CALA will host a welcome reception for U.S. caucuses at the World Library and Information Congress, 79th IFLA General Conference and Assembly to be held in Singapore on August 17-23, 2013. Other U.S. caucuses include ALA, ARL, SLA, MLA, ULC, COSLA, ALISE, and CALA. Shali Zhang, the committee member, and Min Chu, CALA immediate past president, are coordinating CALA’s hosting logistics with IFLA and ALA offices. The total cost of the reception will be shared by U.S. caucuses.
· IRC will welcome CALA’s international guests to participate in the CALA Awards Banquet to be held at the 2013 ALA Annual Conference in Chicago.