- CALA Scholarship of Library and Information Science, $1000
- This scholarship awards annually to a full time student at an ALA-accredited library school in North America.
- Huang Tso-ping and Wu Yao-yu Research and Scholarship Award, $800
- This scholarship awards faculty and students at the Wuhan University, China. One award is for a library school faculty member (S400) and two awards go to library school students ($200 each).
- Sheila Suen Lai Scholarship of Library and Information Science, $250
- This scholarship awards to a full time student at an ALA-accredited library school in North America.
- Lisa Zhao Scholarship Fund, $500
- The scholarship awards to a full time student at an ALA-accredited library school in North America.
- Applicants should be enrolled in ALA-accredited master's programs or in doctoral programs in Library and Information Science in degree-granting institutions in North America (with the exception of The Huang Tso-ping and Wu Yao-yu Research and Scholarship). The recipient must be enrolled as a full-time student at the time the Scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must be a CALA member in good standing.
- Applicants must be of Chinese nationality or of Chinese descent.
Submission of Application Materials
The following items are required for all scholarship applicants. Please submit all the documents online. The application deadline is 12 mid-night Central Time April 3, 2017.
- Required. Completed online application.
- Required. Curriculum vita.
- Required. Personal statement.
- Required. Three letters of reference. The reference letter form is available on the CALA Scholarship homepage (http://cala-web.org/awards/cala_scholarships).
- Required. An official academic transcript from institutions where you are currently enrolled in a MLIS program. If you are not currently enrolled in a MLIS program, but will enrolled in a MLIS program, submit the official academic transcript from institutions where you received your bachelor degree.
- Required. Verification of admission to an ALA-accredited graduate LIS program as a full-time student and/or proof of current full-time enrollment status.
Note: The completion of the application is the responsibility of the applicant.
Recipients of the scholarships will be announced by April 30, 2017 and the awards will be presented by the Chinese American Librarians Association at the CALA Awards Banquet during the ALA annual conference.
The recipient must use the scholarship towards tuition and other authorized educational expenses, all of which must be incurred only for the purposes of attending library school. In case of the terms of the scholarship are violated, the scholarship will be rescinded and the recipient is required to return the funds in full amount to the Association.