Your Name: Clement Lau
Your Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clement Lau (2011-2013), Chair
Denise Kwan (2010-2012)
Dora Ho (2011-2012)
Jian Anna Xiong (2011-2013)
Lan Shen (2009-2012)
Maggie Wang (2011-2013)
Hong Ma (SE Chapter Treasurer 2011-2012) Hung-Yun Chang (NE Chapter Treasurer 2011-12) Klairon Tang (SW Chapter Treasurer 2011-2012) Mingyan Li (MW Chapter Treasurer 2011-2012) Yin Xu (S. CA Chapter Treasurer 2011-12) Yuan Yao (MA Chapter Treasurer 2011-12) Zheng (Jessica) Lu (N. CA Chapter Treasurer 2011-12)
Songqian Lu (ex-officio, CALA Treasurer) Min Chou (ex-officio, CALA President)
Is this an interim or annual report? Annual report
List significant activities the committee has done since last report:
• The Committee reviewed the treasurer 2011 Q4 and 2012 Q1 reports and
accepted them as is. The Committee is pleased to find the association’s net assets have continued to increase from $168,666 to $179,475.
• In February, the chair commented on the classification of CALA in
• In March and April, the Committee chair commented on the 2011 tax return
• The Committee continued to work on its work plan and made the following progress. The work plan for this term consists of 6 tasks and each task was assigned to a team of 2-3 committee members to address. We almost complete drafting the investment policy (task 1) and the revision of the “guidelines and procedures for financial reporting” (task 2). Both documents will be ready for the Board to review at its annual meeting. Members of task 3 have assisted the Treasurer to revise the entry for the treasurer in the handbook.
For task 4, the Treasurer has made a decision on the accounting software.
There was a brief discussion between the chair and a member from task 5 team regarding the preparation of the IRS form 990 but the team made no specific suggestion about the current process. The chair received no response from task 6 team for its assignment on making the financial documents available online.
• The chair expects the unfinished tasks will continue to be worked on next term.
List committee recommendations, if any, to the Board: