Xiaoyin Zhang (co-chair)
Jie Huang (co-chair)
Bonnie Fong (member)
Min Tong (member)
Is this an interim or annual report? Interim report
List significant activities the committee has done since last report:
1. Did follow-up on the changes of the handbook made in the past two years by the committee;
2. Identified the missing entries for some committees and representatives (liaisons);
3. After receiving approval from the Executive Director, the committee is working with those committees and representatives, whose entries need to be added, to get the entries done in March 2013.
List committee recommendations, if any, to the Board:
1. After our committee contacted the CALA representatives to IFLA, it was suggested to us that CALA wait for another year to allow the representatives to gain more experience before creating the entry for this position. Our committee agrees with the suggestion and would like to recommend that this entry be added next year.
2. We noticed that the name of our committee has been called differently. On the CALA website, the committee is now listed as the "Handbook of Officers Committee". But the original name for this committee was "Ad Hoc Task Force on Officer’s Handbook”. Since the membership did not approval our proposal of name/status change, should we go back to the original name? We hope the Board can make the decision at the Mid-Winter meeting and let us know which name we should use.
3. After considering all factors, our committee has decided not to pursue the committee's name and status change this year.