Your Name: Yongyi Song
Your Email: email@example.com
• Yongyi Song (Co-Chair)firstname.lastname@example.org
• Dajin Sun (Co-Chair)email@example.com
• Raymond Wang firstname.lastname@example.org
• Ying Xu email@example.com
• Li Zhang LZhang@library.msstate.edu
Is this an interim or annual report? Interim report
List significant activities the committee has done since last report:
During the past 6 months, our Committee has administrated and awarded the CALA Conference Travel Grant (referred to as Grant below) to four qualified candidates for the year 2011-2012 following the Guidelines (See
http://www.cala-web.org/node/835) and the timeline delineated below:
November 2011 – Announced the availability of the Grant on CALAList and sought application from the CALA membership.
January through March 2012 – Sent monthly reminder emails to CALAList about the Grant.
April 7, 2012–Application period ended.
April 9-20, 20102– Reviewed applications and selected the final recipients; recommended the finalists to CALA Executive Director and President for approval.
May 4, 2012 – Received approval from the CALA Executive Committee on the selected recipients.
May 7, 2012 – CALA President notified the final four recipients of their awards and the Committee announced the recipients on the CALAList.
List committee recommendations, if any, to the Board:
A total of six applications were received and the following four qualified candidates each received the award of $500 this year:
1) Michael Huang (Associate Librarian, Stony Brook University)
2) Andrew Yanqing Lee (Reference and Liaison Librarian, George Mason University)
3) Sharon Yang (Systems Librarian, Rider University)
4) Bin Zhang (Digital Information Services Librarian, California State University Sacramento).