CALA is an IRS 501 (c) (3) Non-profit organization and donations to CALA are tax deductible.
CALA continues to accept donations to the CALA China Earthquake
Libraries Rebuild Fund. Donations can be made by check payable to CALA
and mailed to:
Dr. Shuyong Jiang, CALA Treasurer
Chinese American Librarians Association
P.O. Box 2733
Champaign , IL 61825
Donors can also donate via CALA's PayPal account:
The Big One, 8 Magnitude Earthquake in China, May 12, 2008, 14:28 pm
May 12, 2008 China Earthquake Maps
8 Magnitude Equivalent to 790 Nuclear Bombs
- It is one of the worst one in the past 3 decades.
- It happened during the day while people were at work and children were in schools.
Statistics: As of July 29, 2008
Death Toll: 69,200 Rescued: 1,484,509
Missing: 18,195 Injured: 374,216
Stay in Hospitals: 95,858 After Shocks: 18,191 times from 3.0 up to 6.4 magnitude
CALA Taskforce on Rebuilding Libraries in the Earthquake Disastrous Areas in China
ShaLi Zhang, CALA 2008/2009 President appoints a Taskforce on
Rebuilding Libraries in the Earthquake Disastrous Areas in China
- To communicate and work with CALA officers, the Library Society of China (LSC) and other related organizations
- To raise funds and prepare grant proposal to assist:
- Rebuilding libraries
- Purchasing furniture & equipment
- Purchasing computer and software, resources
- Purchasing Collections and resources
- Training, etc.
- Issue Progress Reports
- Taskforce Members:
Sally C. Tseng, Chair;
Maria Fung, Shuyong Jiang, CALA Treasurer, Esther Lee, Ying Liu, Cathy
Yang, Priscilla Yu, Liana Zhou, ShaLi Zhang, CALA President, ex
officio, Haipeng Li, ex officio
For More Information in English
- January 2009 [ MS Word ]
- June 2009 [ MS Word ]
Sally C. Tseng,
CALA Honorary Executive Director and Chair of the CALA Taskforce on
Rebuilding Libraries in the Earthquake Disastrous Areas in China, P.O.
Box 4992, Irvine, CA 92616 Email: email@example.com