- Bin Zhang (Co-Chair) Listserv Owner
- Vincci Kwong (Co-Chair) Webmaster
- Hong Ma (2010-2011)
- Anne Gresham (2010-2012)
- Tang Li (2009-2011)
- Humin Lu (2009-2011)
- Minglu Wang (2010-2011)
- Yue Xu (2009-2011)
- Jia Mi (2010-2011)
- Weiling Liu (2010-2012)
- Connie Chow (2010-2011)
IS THIS AN Interim or
annual REPORT? Annual
ACTIVITIES THE COMMITTEE HAS DONE SINCE LAST REPORT:
- Online Membership Management System
implementation (CiviCRM). The Web Committee worked closely with the
Membership Committee to configure system settings and clean up data etc.
- Developed the membership management website: http://my.cala-web.org/ (most of the functions
are still working in progress and not available to the general members)
- Data clean up: Assisted the Membership Committee
in going through individual active member records, deleted duplicated
records, verified multiple fields such as email, physical address, and
corrected expiration date to ensure consistence between "Contacts" module
and "Members" module in the system.
- Customized email templates: allowed Membership
officers to communicate with members about membership renewals,
payment reminders, etc.
- Configured/defined membership status, type and
other membership-related metadata.
- Started implement selected function of the
CiviCRM system, such as paypal integration to allow members to pay
membership dues or donate from within the site, event registration
- Worked closely with the CALA Ad hoc Election
Committee to conduct the annual election.
- Worked closely with chapter election committees
to set up chapter elections for NCA, SE, NE chapters.
- Worked closely with the Local Arrangement
Committee to set up a banquet registration site, using the CiviCRM
Membership Management System.
- Assisted the Membership Committee to generate
CALA 2009-2011 Print Membership Directory
LIST COMMITTEE RECOMMENDATIONS, IF ANY, TO THE
- We ask the Board to appoint a taskforce to
develop a Listserv guideline
- The committee recommend the following changes to
the CALA website:
- Remove the "Create Content"
link from the left navigation bar.
- Add a "Upcoming Events" link to
the left navigation bar.
- Instead have CALA Jobline
under "Resources & Services", add it to the left navigation bar.
- Hide login box on the
homepage, as general user don't need username and password to access
content on CALA website.
- On the left navigation bar, move
"Organization" under "About CALA".