Roosevelt University: 2 positions (Reference/Instruction Library & Reference/Instruction/Electronic Resources Librarian)
2 Positions: Reference/Instruction Library & Reference/Instruction/Electronic Resources Librarian
Roosevelt University is seeking two energetic, service-oriented individuals to join its team of librarians at the Chicago campus who are fully engaged in the teaching and learning mission of the university. Roosevelt University is a private university serving over 7,000 students of diverse ages and backgrounds with campuses located in the heart of downtown Chicago as well as in the northwest suburbs. Roosevelt University aspires to be a national leader in educating socially conscious citizens for active and dedicated lives as leaders in their professions and their communities. Roosevelt University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
- Both positions - Assisting students and faculty in the use of print and electronic resources; preparing and conducting instruction sessions for classes; creating subject guides and database instructions; serving as subject liaison/selector for specific subject disciplines.
- Reference/Instruction Librarian only - Coordinating reference activities at the Public Services Desk; conducting outreach and marketing activities directed towards students and faculty.
- Electronic Resources Librarian only - Administering online reference resources and managing access to them through related software systems; evaluating online reference products for purchase/renewal and promoting their use by students and faculty.
- More information on both positions is available at the library’s web site (http://www.roosevelt.edu/library).
- Both positions - MLS from an ALA-accredited institution; professional reference and library instruction experience; broad familiarity with print and online reference materials; knowledge of library database searching, MS Office, Web authoring software and other library related computer technologies; a strong commitment to teaching and effective interpersonal, communication and teaching skills; flexibility in adapting to change; ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse environment; ability to work collaboratively with library staff and faculty. Must be available to work two nights per week and weekends on a rotating basis.
- Electronic Resources Librarian only – Minimum of two years professional reference and library instruction experience; experience with proxy server, link resolver and federated searching systems; familiarity with managing online reference resources and dealing with vendors.
- Commensurate with qualifications and previous experience
- Reference/Instruction Librarian - minimum of $38,000 per year.
- Electronic Resources Librarian – minimum of $42,000 per year.
- A full benefits package is provided.
Application Procedure: Applications received by May 1, 2006 will receive first consideration. Position available immediately and open until filled. Send cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to: Naomi Herman, Administrative Secretary, Roosevelt University Library, 430 S. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60605 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.