30 May 2010
* Bin Zhang (Co-Chair) Listserv Owner
* Vincci Kwong (Co-Chair) Webmaster
* Connie Chow
* Tang Li
* Weiling Liu
* Humin Lu
* Jiannan Wang
* Yue Xu
* Zhixian Yi
IS THIS AN Interim or annual REPORT? __Interim _X_Annual
LIST SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITIES THE COMMITTEE HAS DONE SINCE LAST REPORT:
- We hosted an online election for CALA's general election. We will be hosting the online election for Northeast Chapter in June.
- We are working on upgrading backbone of the CALA website from Drupal 5 to Drupal 6. (a development site has already in place)
are working with the CALA Membership Management System Task Force on
implementation of a full-featured membership management system.
(CiviCRM is already installed on the development site). As of this
writing, we have completed loading of membership data into CiviCRM, and
are working on configuring CiviCRM to meet our special needs and
- Updated CALA webpages as requested.
- Set up a website for the Daidai project and provide technical support as needed.
- Job posting
17 paid advertisements on the CALA website under CALA Library Job Line,
with a gross revenue of $2624 generated for CALA.
- Maintained and moderated the CALA listserv.
- Maintained special listserv for the current Board members (firstname.lastname@example.org)
LIST COMMITTEE RECOMMENDATIONS, IF ANY, TO THE BOARD:
would like to upgrade the current web hosting plan to one that provides
more system resources (memory and CPU allocations). Currently we are
on a shared hosting plan that is free because of CALA's non-profit
status. If approved by the Board, there will be a cost for the
upgraded plan, depending on dedicated memory we desire. The next level
will be $15/month.