DATE: 15 Jun. 2009
* Bin Zhang (Co-Chair) Listserv Owner
* Vincci Kwong (Co-Chair) Webmaster
* Xi Chen
* Sai Deng
* Daniel Xiao
* Songqian Lu
* Katherine Sun
IS THIS AN Interim or annual REPORT? __Interim _X_Annual
LIST SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITIES THE COMMITTEE HAS DONE SINCE LAST REPORT:
switched hosting of the CALA website from IX Web Hosting to DreamHost.
Due to the 501(c)(3) non-profit status, the hosting service for the
CALA website is free.
- We hosted two online elections: one for CALA general election and one for Northeast Chapter.
sent out a call for volunteer for 2010 Web Committee through the CALA
listserv, we got 16 responses. We forwarded our recommendation to
vice-presdient/president elect, Xudong Jin.
- We are working on upgrading backbone of the CALA website from Drupal 5 to Drupal 6. (a development site has already in place)
working with the CALA Membership Management System Task Force on
implementation of a full-featured membership management system.
(CiviCRM is already installed on the development site)
working with the Membership Committee, we have evaluated current
Listserv policy and made recommendation for the Board (the
recommendation is included in the Membership Committee's annual report)
Updated CALA webpages as requested.
- Created 9 paid advertisements on the CALA website under CALA Library Job Line,
with a gross revenue of $1170 generated for CALA.
- Maintained and moderated the CALA listserv. There are, as of June 8, 2009, 697 subscribers.
- Maintained special listserv for the current Board members (email@example.com)
LIST COMMITTEE RECOMMENDATIONS, IF ANY, TO THE BOARD: