Date: June 14, 2009
Cathy Yang (Chair)
George Zhixian Yi
Is this an
interim or annual report?: Annual report
activities the committee has done since last report:
Since we posted "Call for Nominations for CALA
Distinguished Award" on Jan. 3, 2009, the Committe has accomplished the
(1) Drafted and finished document "Guidelines for
CALA's Pesident's Recognition Award"; Submitted on 2/15/09
(2) Revised and updated "Awards Committee"
document, and submitted on 4/27/09
(3) Selected and recommended a recipient for the
"CALA Distinguished Service Award" by reviewing and evaluating
nomination documentations from May 1.
(4) Presented recommendation of Prof. John T. Ma as the
recipient to the President and the Executive Director on May 12, 2009.
(5) After receiving the President's notice of the Board's
approval of our recommendation, sent congratulations letter to Prof. Ma on May
(6) Worked on a public announcement on this award result,
on May 27.
(7) Announced the name of the award recipient in the CALA
listserv, website and Newsletter via Bin Zhang, Vincci Kwong, and Priscilla Yu
between May 28-29.
(8) Accepted President Zhang's nomination of Barbara S.
Ford and Haipeng Li as President's Recognition Award recipients, after
reviewing and evaluating their qualifications in accordance with the criteria
set up in the Guidelines.
(9) Notified our decision of the above awards to the
President on June 11, 2009.
(10) Requested the Executive Director Haipeng Li to
prepare Plaque and certificate for the award recipients.
recommendations, if any, to the Board:
(1) Recommendation of the recipient of the CALA
(2) Awards Committee document
(3) Guidelines for CALA's President's Recognition Award