Sat, 02/02/2008 - 18:55 — vkwong
- Applicants should be enrolled in ALA-accredited master's programs or in doctoral programs in Library and Information Science in degree-granting institutions in North America. The recipient must be enrolled as a full-time student at the time the Scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must be of Chinese nationality or of Chinese descent.
- SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION MATERIALS
- The following should be submitted to the CALA Scholarship Committee:
- Completed application form, including CV, personal statement, and official transcript from the current or most recent degree program.
- Verification of admission to an ALA-accredited graduate LIS program as a full-time student and/or proof of current full-time enrollment status.
- Three letters of reference on forms provided by the Committee.
Please fill in the reference's name on the line (TO:) and your name on the line (SUBJECT: Request for reference for___). It is advisable to provide your references with addressed and stamped envelopes to mail the reference forms back to the Chair of the CALA Scholarship Committee. References should be persons who are well acquainted with your educational background, intellectual and professional abilities, and personal character. Include, if possible, at least one person from an institution other than the one where you are currently located. Please exclude your own family members.
- Application materials will not be returned to applicants.
Successful applicant(s) will be notified by the Scholarship Committee prior to the ALA Annual Conference; others will be notified of the results by the Committee.
Sheila Suen Lai Scholarship provides one cash award of $500.
The recipient must use the scholarship for tuition and other authorized educational expenses, all of which must be incurred only for the purposes for attending library school. In case of the terms of the scholarship are violated, the scholarship will be rescinded and the recipient is required to return the funds in full amount to the Association.