Revised October, 2011
The CALA Scholarship of Library and Information Science
This scholarship awards $1,000 annually to a full time student at an ALA-accredited library school in North America.
The Sheila Suen Lai Scholarship
The scholarship awards $500 to a full time student at an ALA-accredited library school in North America.
- The CALA Scholarship of Library and Information Science
- Applicants should be enrolled in ALA-accredited master's programs or in doctoral programs in Library and Information Science in degree-granting institutions in North America. The recipient must be enrolled as a full-time student at the time the Scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must be of Chinese nationality or of Chinese descent.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Please submit all the documents online at http://www.cala-web.org/node/303. The application deadline is 12 mid-night Central Time April 30, 2015.
The complete application should include the following required documents.
- Curriculum Vita
- Personal statement
- Official transcript from the current or most recent degree program
- Verification of admission to an ALA-accredited graduate LIS program as a full-time student and/or proof of current full-time enrollment status.
- Three letters of reference on forms [MS Word, PDF] provided by the Committee.
The recipients of the scholarships will be announced by May 31 and the awards will be presented by the Chinese American Librarians Association at the CALA Awards Banquet during the ALA annual conference.
The recipient must use the scholarship for tuition and other authorized educational expenses, all of which must be incurred only for the purposes for attending library school. In case of the terms of the scholarship are violated, the scholarship will be rescinded and the recipient is required to return the funds in full amount to the Association.