Sunday, June 25, 2017 , 2:30-4:00pm
2017 ALA Annual Conference
Session Description: CALA poster sessions provide an ideal platform for CALA members to showcase, discuss and share achievements in research, work in progress, examples of best practice, innovative services, and community development in an informal scholarly setting. They will be held at the same location and room for the CALA Annual Conference Program. Posters are to be assigned to a 90-minute time slot between 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm.
Submission Format: Poster session proposals are limited to an abstract only with the following elements of information:
2. Author(s): Name(s), Institution, email(s), short bio(s) (150 words each author)
3. Abstract (250 words) that briefly address the following topics:
If citations are essential to the abstract, please include no more than five references in APA format.
Selection Criteria: Poster session proposals will be evaluated by the subcommittee of the CALA Annual Conference Program Committee using the following criteria:
1. Is the title accurately reflecting the content? Is it descriptive, attractive, and inviting?
3. Do the research findings contribute to the LIS field?
4. Is the description of the work well written?
5. Are the findings or accomplishments generalized to other libraries, or other fields and disciplines?
· A maximum of 42 inches wide x 42 inches tall
Please submit the poster proposal at http://cala-web.org/node/1909 Proposals are due on Friday, April 14, 2017.
Post Session Sub-committee:
Assistant Director, Technical Services
Queens Public Library
89-11 Merrick Blvd
Jamaica, NY 11432