University Library Dean (Administrator IV)
Sonoma State University
Sonoma State University, located 48 miles north of San Francisco, is one of the 23 campuses of the California State University. Sonoma State University is a liberal arts institution with an enrollment of 9,000 students and 530 full-time and part-time faculty. Our beautiful campus is located in the Wine Country at the foot of the Sonoma hills.
The University Library is a dynamic and innovative partner in the Sonoma State University community. Students are at the core of what we do, and we leverage technology and creativity to promote discovery of and access to collections, to help students learn to use information effectively, and to encourage lifelong learning. We teach students to seek out appropriate information sources, to evaluate information, and to be critical consumers and producers of information in an increasingly digital age.
This position is open until filled. First review of applications will be September 15, 2014. Applications received on or after the first review date may not be considered.
- Minimum 8 years of progressively responsible positions in academic libraries, including 5 years of leadership in libraries
- ALA-accredited Master's degree in Library/Information Science, or its equivalent
- Excellence in interpersonal relationships, including a history of team-building based on trust, open communication, and integrity
- Ability to enhance successful working relationships with students, faculty, staff and administration
- Proven capability to be an advocate for student success through successfully implemented programs and initiatives
- Successful and substantial record of administrative and financial leadership in an academic setting, including strategic planning, budgeting, personnel supervision, and assessment
- Experience planning for and managing a complex facility
- Ability to provide transformational leadership to innovate and change current models as needed and in alignment with campus mission and campus priorities
- A record of scholarly and professional achievement appropriate to the rank of a tenured full librarian in the California State University system
- Demonstrated understanding of and engagement with trends and issues in the changing world of university libraries, including the pedagogy of information literacy, new and emerging publishing models, digital applications for information management, varieties of formats for accessible e-collections, and the technology of teaching and learning
- A record of commitment to diversity, as well as a commitment to shared governance
- A record of community engagement, as well as a demonstrated potential for successful fundraising
To apply, complete the required online Sonoma State University Employment Application at http://apptrkr.com/508559.
If you have questions about the online application process, please contact Tammy Kenber at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity