Dear CALA Members:
The CALA Conference Travel Grant Committee is pleased to announce the 2016-2017 Conference Travel Grant is now available for application. We are looking for 8 final recipients among all qualifying applicants. Each recipient will receive a check of $500 from CALA Treasurer after the Committee’s decision is approved by CALA’s Executive Committee and announced to the CALA list.
The purpose of this travel grant is to support CALA members in their efforts to play an active role at professional conferences for their professional or career development.
Below, please find a summary of the application guidelines:
- The applicant must be a CALA member in good standing for five consecutive years, including the year of application.
- The applicant must have an assigned duty at the conference to be attended, e.g., to present a paper, to chair a committee, or to serve as an officer to convene a meeting.
- All grant activities must be within the funding period of the year (July 1, 2016-June 30, 2017).
- The applicant must have not received the CALA travel grant in the past three years.
All professional conferences associated with library and information science are supported by the CALA grant. However, priority will be given to those conferences which CALA sponsors or cosponsors or plays an active role of endorsing. Examples of the conference include, but are not limited to:
- CALA sponsored/cosponsored international, national, or regional conferences, meetings, and forums.
- ALA conferences and meetings (including all those of its divisions, roundtables, and standing committees)·
- IFLA conferences and meetings·
- Other conferences that advance and promote the profession of library and information science.
A complete application must consist of the following:
- A completed CALA Conference Travel Grant Application Form.
- A statement outlining the needs and benefits of the grant (no more than 500 words).
- Supporting documentation that denotes the applicant's assigned professional or administrative responsibility at the conference such as a copy of conference invitation letter, abstract of presentation or paper, and recommendation letter from supervisor or peers.
- Updated Curriculum Vitae.
Grant Recipient Requirements:
- Each grant recipient must submit a one-page report of his/her experience to the CALA Travel Grant Committee, within the one month following the conference s/he attended.
- The submitted reports will be posted on the CALA website and published in the CALA Newsletter.
- All grant recipients are strongly encouraged to volunteer to serve on CALA committees and task forces, to participate CALA events actively.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2017. Announcement of the 8 recipients will be made by the Committee no later than May 10, 2017.
A complete Travel Grant Application Form and required documents should be sent via email by March 31, 2017 to both co-chairs of the Conference Travel Grant Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org (Leping He) and email@example.com (Jiaxun Wu).
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Leping He, (Co-Chair) firstname.lastname@example.org
Jiaxun Wu, (Co-Chair) email@example.com
David Adkins-Brown firstname.lastname@example.org
Jie Huang email@example.com
Ya Wang firstname.lastname@example.org
CALA Conference Travel Grant Committee (2016-2017)