Featuring a one-day, in-person training with Maureen Sullivan in Orlando, FL on June 27, 2016, in conjunction with ALA Annual, plus virtual sessions!
Maureen Sullivan, in close consultation with the CALA Leadership Training Task Force, has designed the program to meet the particular needs of Asian American librarians to enhance their leadership skills.
Upon successful completion of both the online and onsite sessions, participants will be awarded a certificate.
Limited Seating: Registration will be open to first 45 registrants.
|Before March 3/31/2016:
Free to CALA members
$30 for non-CALA members
|After March 3/31/2016
$10 for CALA members
$40 for non-CALA members
Registration payment can be made to CALA on June 27 at the onsite training in Orlando.
- 5/9, noon-1pm Eastern time: Virtual session with Maureen Sullivan
- 6/7, noon-1pm Eastern Time: Virtual session with Maureen Sullivan
- 6/27, 8:30am- 5pm: In-person training in Orlando, FL with Maureen Sullivan
Agenda of June 27th
- 8/25, noon-1pm Eastern Time: Virtual Leadership Talks
- 9/22, noon-1pm Eastern Time: Virtual Leadership Talks
- 10/20, noon-1pm Eastern Time: Virtual Leadership Talks
- November: Evaluation
TOPICS TO BE ADDRESSED:
- Principles and practices of effective leadership
- Challenges and opportunities that Asian American library leaders face
- Personal power and influence
- Building trust
- Strategic planning
- Team building