3:00-4:30 pm, Sunday June 26, 2016
2016 ALA Annual Conference
Session Description: CALA poster sessions provide an ideal platform for CALA members to showcase, discuss and share achievements in research, work in progress, examples of best practice, innovative services, and community development in an informal scholarly setting. They will be held at the same location and room for the CALA Annual Conference Program. Posters are to be assigned to a 90-minute time slot between 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm.
Submission Format: Poster session proposals are limited to an abstract only with the following elements of information:
2. Author(s): Name(s), Institution, email(s), short bio(s) (150 words each author)
3. Abstract (250 words) that briefly address the following topics:
o Method, Analysis, and Finding (Research)
o Description of Work in Progress, or Best Practice, or Innovative Services, or Community Development
If citations are essential to the abstract, please include no more than five references in APA format.
Selection Criteria: Poster session proposals will be evaluated by the subcommittee of the CALA Annual Conference Program Committee using the following criteria:
1. Is the title accurately reflecting the content? Is it descriptive, attractive, and inviting?
3. Do the research findings contribute to the LIS field?
4. Is the description of the work well written?
5. Are the findings or accomplishments generalized to other libraries, or other fields and disciplines?
Please submit the poster proposal at http://cala-web.org/node/1740
Proposals are due on Tuesday, March 15, 2016.
CALA Annual Conference Committee --