- To encourage and guide Chinese or Chinese American students of library and information science with career planning
- To help new Chinese American librarians to develop their professional careers
- To recruit and provide a pool of experienced Chinese American librarians as potential mentors
- To plan, maintain, and develop the Mentorship Program
- Valid CALA membership is required.
- A mentee may be a student of library and information science, a new librarian, a librarian in a tenure-track position, or any librarian who needs advice from seasoned CALA members on a similar career path.
- A mentor is a person who is an experienced librarian, and willing to provide advice and share experience with students and new librarians.