This last round of call for applications consists of two changes. 1) The deadline has been extended to 04/17/2017, and 2) Lisa Scholarship to New Librarians is now available.
Online Application URL: http://www.cala-web.org/form4scholarship
Founded in 1973, the Chinese American Librarians Association, an affiliate of American Library Association, is pleased to announce the availability of its 2016-2017 scholarships:
The CALA Scholarship of Library and Information Science
This scholarship awards $1000 to a full-time student at an ALA-accredited library school.
The Sheila Suen Lai Scholarship of Library and Information Science
This scholarship awards $500 to a full-time student at an ALA-accredited library school.
Lisa Zhao Scholarship Fund
The Lisa Zhao Scholarship is to encourage CALA members to engage in professional conferences and development activities and to support and contribute to CALA. Lisa Zhao Scholarship includes two awards.
(1) Current Students ($500)—This is open to current full-time students enrolled in an ALA accredited Library School.
(2) New Librarians ($500) – This is for current CALA members who graduated from ALA Accredited Schools within the past 5 years (New Librarian) and have been with CALA for at least three years.
The Huang Tso-ping and Wu Yao-yu Research and Scholarship
This scholarship awards faculty and students at the Wuhan University, China. One award is for a library school faculty member ($400) and two awards go to library school students ($200 each).
These scholarships are designed to encourage professional and leadership development in Chinese American librarianship. They are open to full-time students of Chinese heritage who are currently enrolled in an ALA-accredited master's or doctoral program of library and information science at an institution of higher education in North America (with the exception of The Huang Tso-ping and Wu Yao-yu Research and Scholarship). The recipient must be enrolled as a full-time student at the time the scholarship is awarded. Applicants may apply for any or all of the scholarships listed above. All scholarships are awarded in U.S. dollars.
To apply, please go to http://cala-web.org/awards/cala_scholarships to access the application guidelines, application forms and reference forms. The application deadline is 12AM Central Time April 3, 2017. The recipients will be announced by April 30, 2017 and the awards will be presented at the CALA Awards Banquet during the 2017 CALA Annual Conference. If you have any questions, please contact the 2016-2017 CALA Scholarship Committee:
• Ping Fu (Co-Chair) email@example.com, Central Washington University
• Daniel Xiao (Co- Chair) firstname.lastname@example.org, Texas A&M University
• Alison Wang AWang@nvcc.commnet.edu, Naugatuck Valley Community College
• Qinghua Xu email@example.com, University of New York at Shanghai
• Amanda Xu firstname.lastname@example.org, University of Iowa