New York University: Librarian for Business and Economics
New York University
Position: Librarian for Business and Economics
Deadline Date: Open until filled
NYU Libraries seeks a subject specialist in business and economics to support the research and teaching programs of faculty, graduate and undergraduate students in the FAS Department of Economics, the Stern School of Business and other departments and programs across the university. The librarian serves as a library liaison with special emphases on building and curating collections in all formats; developing a program of extensive outreach, instruction, consultation, and research support services; and delivering responsive and innovative information services. The Librarian for Business and Economics supports faculty and student data research needs and makes effective use of statistical methods, system and tools. Librarians play a key role in the educational mission of NYU by establishing strong collaborative relationships with faculty and students and connecting them to the services, content, and tools that meet their research, teaching and learning needs.
The Librarian for Business and Economics is a tenure track position based in the Research Commons, and a member of the Business and Government Information Services group in the Public Services Division, NYU Libraries. The successful candidate works collaboratively with other social science librarians, the Data Services team and colleagues at NYU Abu Dhabi and NYU Shanghai to deliver statistical and numerical services related to business and economics, and takes a leadership role on selected projects and initiatives. Librarians at NYU participate in Library-wide committees and professional activities outside of NYU; and monitor developments and best practices to help ensure the excellence of the NYU collections and research support services.
New York University Libraries: Library facilities at New York University serve the school’s 40,000 students and faculty and contain more than 4 million volumes. New York University is a member of the Association of Research Libraries, the Research Libraries Group, the Digital Library Federation; serves as the administrative headquarters of the Research Library Association of South Manhattan, a consortium that includes three academic institutions; and is affiliated with The New-York Historical Society. For the NYU Libraries Mission and Strategic Plan go to http://library.nyu.edu/about/Strategic_Plan.pdfRequired Qualifications:
- ALA-accredited master’s degree; a second master’s degree will be required for tenure
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in economics or business or related social science discipline
- Public service experience in an academic library, including reference, instruction, or collection development
- Demonstrated public service orientation and knowledge of user needs for teaching, learning, and research
- Demonstrated experience working with statistical datasets and the ability to effectively communicate with faculty, students and staff about textural, numerical and spatial data resources
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a complex organization
- Creative, service-oriented approach to problem solving
- High degree of facility with technologies and systems germane to the 21st century library
- Knowledgeable in the issues surrounding scholarly communications
- Advanced degree in economics
- Experience with quantitative or qualitative packages for statistical analysis, e.g., Stats, SPSS, SAS, Atlas.ti
- Record of professional activities, including research and engagement in professional organizations
Salary/Benefits: Faculty status, attractive benefits package including five weeks annual vacation. Salary commensurate with experience and background.
To Apply: To ensure consideration, send resume and letter of application, including the name, address and telephone number of three references to: Enrique Yanez, Director, Human Resources, New York University Libraries, 70 Washington Square South, New York, NY 10012 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you heard about this position. The search will remain open until filled.
NYU’s Division of Libraries embraces diversity and is committed to attracting qualified candidates who also embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.
NYU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.