Dear CALA members,
The 2013 CALA "Jing Liao Award for the Best Research in All Media” is now accepting applications through April 1, 2013 for research published in 2012.
The pursuit of excellence in research and service defined the career of Jing Liao (1954-2011), the late CALA member and a devoted and accomplished librarian at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The CALA Jing Liao Best Research Award has been established to honor the memory of Jing Liao by awarding CALA members who achieve excellence in research in any media.
CALA members in good standing for at least three consecutive years are eligible for the competition that awards $500 annually. The deadline for this year's submission is April 1, 2013. The applications/submissions may be sent to the Chair or any of the Committee members listed below. The winner will be announced prior to the ALA annual conference in Chicago. The award will be presented and a citation read at the CALA Awards Banquet in June 2013.
Award Guidelines for 2013
1. One award in the amount of $500 will be granted in 2013;
2. Applicants must be CALA members in good standing for at least three consecutive years, including the year of application;
3. Applicants must demonstrate excellence in scholarly research by publishing works in any media (e.g. print, multi-media, or e-Journals, including Open Access Journals);
4. Applicants may submit one single work published in 2012 for consideration;
5. Applicants must not be past recipients of the award.
1. Originality of the research;
2. Quality and thoroughness of the research and its presentation;
3. Contribution to the subject field;
4. Significance to the library profession and to the library community.
For details, please check CALA website at http://cala-web.org/node/1297
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Karen Wei (firstname.lastname@example.org), Chair, or any of the committee members.
Committee for the Jing Liao Award for the Best Research in All Media, 2012-2013
Karen Wei (email@example.com), Chair
Heather Huibin Cai (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Vickie Fu Doll (email@example.com)
Li Fu (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Wenling Liu (email@example.com)