2nd Call for Presenters
International Conference on Leadership and Innovative Management in Academic Libraries in the Age of New Technology
Tongji University, Shanghai, China
April 25-27, 2012
Academic libraries are in an era of new technologies with both challenges and opportunities posed by technological transformation. Libraries need to engage in extensive exchange and dialog on leadership vision, management and service innovation to enhance librarians’ mutual understanding in these areas and to inspire new thinking and approaches to challenges. The International Conference on Leadership and Innovative Management in Academic Libraries in the Age of New Technology is jointly organized by Tongji University and the Chinese American Librarians Association (CALA). The meeting will be held in Tongji University, Shanghai, China, from April 25-27, 2012. Colleagues from around the world are invited to submit a PowerPoint file for consideration as a presenter. CALA members are preferred.
Suggested topics for this conference include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Modern approaches to effective leadership
· Library management and developmental planning
· Librarian career design
· Building and sharing library resources in a new technology era
· Practice and reflection for subject librarian services
· Transforming and innovating user service models
· Library technology rejuvenation and developmental prospects
1. The deadline for submitting a detailed PowerPoint file (less than 10 MB) is extended to January 31, 2012.
2. The PPT file should be in English.
3. The submission should contain original research results, viewpoints, or practice summaries.
4. The PPT file should have title, abstract, and presenter’s name(s).
5. The author(s) should indicate his/her personal full contact details including: name, professional affiliation, address, telephone and fax numbers, and email address.
6. 30 minutes will be allowed for a summary content delivery in the conference.
7. All submissions will be peer-reviewed by the program committee. An official invitation will then be issued to presenters/authors as soon as the review process is finished.
8. The selected presenters will automatically receive the CALA Presidential Initiative Mini-Grant in the amount of $250 as far as the presenter is a CALA member by the end of January 2012. To join CALA membership, please visit http://cala-web.org/membership.
9. The selected presenter’s accommodations, meals, conference registration fee, and local transportation will be covered by the organizer.
10. Submissions from mainland China and Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan regions should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Any inquires should be addressed to Zeng Xiaojuan (曾小娟) at (86-21) 65983835.
11. Submissions from outside China should be sent to: email@example.com. Please contact Dr. Michael Bailou Huang (黄柏楼) for any questions at (001) 631-444-3794.
Tongji University Libraries
Chinese American Librarians Association (CALA)
January 3, 2012
Michael Bailou Huang, DA (RI), LAc, MLS, MS, MEd
Associate Librarian, Health Sciences Library
Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794-8034
Phone: 631-444-3794; Fax: 631-444-6649; Cell: 631-786-7023
Chair, International Relations Committee, Chinese American Librarians Association (CALA)
CALA Liaison to the Library Society of China