2011/2012 CALA Mentorship Program
We are pleased to announce that the 2011/2012 Chinese American Librarians Association (CALA) Mentorship Program is now open for applications.
- To encourage and guide Chinese or Chinese American students of library and information science with career planning
- To help new Chinese American librarians to develop their professional careers
- To recruit and provide a pool of experienced Chinese American librarians as potential mentors
- To plan, maintain, and develop the Mentorship Program
- Valid CALA membership is required.
- A mentee may be a student of library and information science, a new librarian, a librarian in a tenure-track position, or any librarian who needs advice from seasoned CALA members on a similar career path.
- A mentor is a person who is an experienced librarian, and willing to provide advice and share experience with students and new librarians.
How to apply?
Please fill out the appropriate form to indicate your desire to be a "mentee" or a "mentor." The application forms are available below:
- Mentee Registration Form: http://www.cala-web.org/node/307
- Mentor Registration Form: http://www.cala-web.org/node/309
For more information about the Mentorship Program, go to http://cala-web.org/node/273. Non members should join CALA first. Here is the Membership Application Form: http://www.cala-web.org/node/306.
Please feel free to contact any of the CALA Mentorship Committee members listed below if you have any questions or suggestions.
Hong Miao, (Co-chair) firstname.lastname@example.org
Ying Zhong, (Co-chair) email@example.com
Yingting Zhang, firstname.lastname@example.org
Meiqing Macy Zheng, email@example.com
Jia Xu, firstname.lastname@example.org
Huibin Heather Cai, email@example.com
Lisa Zhao, firstname.lastname@example.org