• Design, edit, and update the information and activities of the Association on the web in accordance with the website policies established by the Board;
• Serve as an ex-officio member of the Publications Committee;
• Chair the Web Committee; and
• Submit semi-annual and annual reports to the Board through the president and the executive director prior to the midwinter and annual meetings.
Composition & Term(s) of Office
Makeup: The Board shall appoint a web master from the membership of the Association for a three-year term. The web master can be re-appointed for a second consecutive term.
CALA website was first launched in 1995 by Shixing Wen in recognition of the importance of the worldwide web for a professional organization like CALA. As there was no prevision for this position in Constitution or Bylaws, Shixing served as the de facto webmaster for many years. In recent years, many presidents appointed Shixing continuously until the revision of the Constitution and Bylaws in 2007.
• Maintain and update the CALA website.
• Create and maintain news items on the CALA front page.
• Prepare for and administer CALA online election.
• Create CALA annual Conference website.
• Create paid advertisements on CALA Library Job Line.
• Assist chapters and committees in their web needs.
Communication & Consultation
• Executive Director
• Vice-President/Program Committee Chair
• Publication Committee Chair
Report Due Dates
Interim: Two weeks before the board meeting at mid-winter meeting.
Annual: Two weeks before the board meeting at annual conferences