Sally C. Tseng Professional Development Grant Committee
Should determine the winner(s) of the grant recipient(s) and inform the Executive Board of its decision. In case of special circumstances, including but not limited to no award, disputes, and cases involving conflicts of interest, please consult with Sally C. Tseng.
Composition & Term(s) of Office
Makeup: Shall consist of odd number of members, including the chairperson, appointed by the chairperson with the advice of the President.
Chair: Appointed by the President and serve one year term.
Member: Appointed for a one-year term and cannot serve a consecutive term.
• Shall select and recommend a recipient/proposal for the Sally C. Tseng Professional Development Grant accordance with the criteria and guidelines (see attached Professional Development Grant guidelines).
• Shall announce the name of the recipient(s) in the CALA Newsletter and on CALA listsery and website.
• Call for proposals.
• Solicit supporting letters.
• Review/evaluate nomination documentations
• Rank the nominees, discuss, and select the winner.
• Present recommendation of the recipient to the President and the Executive Director for forwarding to the Board for approval.
• Ask the Treasurer to prepare check(s) for the grant recipient(s).
• Post the "Call for Proposals" on CALA listserv and website.
• Announce the name(s) of the grant recipient in the CALA Newsletter and on CALA listserv and website.
o Post the "Call for Nominations"
o Solicit supporting letters
o Review/evaluate nomination documentations
o Present recommendation of the recipient to the President and the Executive Director (allow the Board to act on the recommendation at least 30 days prior to the annual membership meeting).
Report Due Dates
Interim: Two weeks before the board meeting at mid-winter meeting.
Annual: Two weeks before the board meeting at annual conference.