Plans, coordinates and delivers a program for the CALA Annual Meeting.
Composition & Term(s) of Office
Makeup: Shall consist of chair and members
Chair: Vice President/President Elect, one year term
Member: One year term, cannot serve a second consecutive term
• Development a theme of the annual program
• Invite speakers for the program
• Publicize Program
• In consultation with chair, decide on a program topic that will appear to CALA members
• Secure speakers for the program.
• Handle all publicity for the event.
• Oversee the event.
• Provide list of Speakers to Local Arrangement Committee, to assist speaker and invite speakers to annual banquet.
• Send annual program publicity to Webmaster to mount on CALA's website.
• Make Flyers available for CALA Booth
• Send program announcement and flyers to CALA Listsery
Two years ahead
o Contact committee members
o Develop a theme for the program
o Solicit speakers
o Finalize speakers
o Submit Progress Report
o Send invitation letters to speaker and specify deadline for reply.
o Inform and communicate with committee members about progress of speakers accepting the invitation
One year ahead
o Prepare program information and finalize speakers Inform Board about theme and speakers of program
o Submit Program Request to ALA
Six months before program
o Prepare publicity and flyers for program to be distributed at ALA Midwinter Meeting Conference
o Make announcement on CALA listsery to promote program
o Remind speakers of location and time and date of program
Report Due Dates
Interim: Two weeks before the board meeting at mid-winter meeting.
Annual: Two weeks before the board meeting at annual conference.