Composition & Term(s) of Office
Makeup: Shall consist of three or more members appointed by the President with the advice of the Board.
Chair: Chairperson shall normally be the immediate Past President or a board director appointed by the President in the event that the immediate Past President cannot accept the appointment.
Member: Members shall be drawn from past presidents and chapter presidents. Appointed for a one-year term and cannot serve a consecutive term.
• Shall present to the President a list of nominees, between five and ten, for the five outgoing Board members.
• Shall also submit a slate of one or two nominees for the position of Vice-President/President Elect.
• Shall submit a slate of one or two nominees for each of the positions in the event that the terms of the Treasurer and/or the Executive Director expire or become vacant.
• Call for nominations.
• Make sure all nominees are personal members in good standing.
• Seek the consent of each nominee and request for statement for the position.
• Post the "Call for Nominations" to CALA members via CALA listserv.
• Shall announce the list of nominees in the CALA Newsletter or CALA Web, whenever possible.
o Send out the "Call for Nominations" in January
o Contact the nominees for consent and statements for the positions in February
o Finalize the list of nominees and compile biographies and statements for annual election in March.
o Present to the President the list of nominees in April (at least two months prior to the annual membership meeting).
Report Due Dates
Interim: Two weeks before the board meeting at mid-winter meeting.
Annual: Two weeks before the board meeting at annual conference.