Mentoring Program Committee
Administer and develop CALA's Mentorship Program
The committee should consist of five or more members, including the Committee Chair.
Term(s) of Officer
Chair: The chairperson should be appointed for a one-year term by the President and can be re-appointed for a second consecutive term.
Members: the members should serve a one-year term and can be re-appointed for a second consecutive term.
- To encourage and guide Chinese or Chinese American students of library and information science with career planning
- To help new Chinese American librarians to develop their professional careers
- To recruit and provide a pool of experienced Chinese American librarians as potential mentors
- To plan, maintain, and develop the Mentorship Program
- Review and determine strategies and methods to successfully conduct the Mentorship program
- Keep the Mentorship Program web pages (http://www.calaweb.org/) updated to reflect current practices
- Announce the mentorship program news and applications on CALA Listsery and SLIS Listsery in North America
- Review all applications -- mentors and mentees will be matched based on the information provided
- Review program evaluations from mentors and mentee
- Match a mentor or mentors with all recipients of the CALA Scholarship
- Recommend the CALA Mentorship Program to all new CALA members who may be good candidates for mentors if they experienced librarians or mentees if they are new to the library profession.
- Announce the mentorship program news and applications via the CALA listserv, and post the announcement on the CALA website
- Forward the announcement to all ALA-accredited library schools in the United States and Canada
Communication & Consultation
- Executive Director
- Membership Chair
- Scholarship Committee Chair
Send out "Call for Participation" to CALA members via Listserv; send out the program announcement to library schools in North America, and match and inform mentees and mentors.
Prepare and submit an Interim report
Start to recruit a mentor or mentors for all recipients of the CALA's Scholarships and
then and inform the mentor and recipient.
Collect Program evaluation from participants
Report Due Dates
Interim: Two weeks before the board meeting at mid-winter meeting.
Annual: Two weeks before the board meeting at annual conference.