Keep an up-to-date membership roster; maintain complete membership records; recruit new members; print and distribute a membership directory annually; take charge of all membership activities.
Composition & Term(s) of Office
Makeup: Shall consist of five members including the Committee chair.
Chair: Appointed by the President for an one year term and
Member: can be reappointed for an consecutive term
• All Committee members appointed for a one-year term and can be reappointed to serve a consecutive term.
• All members should be CALA members in good standing.
• All members have voting privilege
• Chapter membership chairs shall be ex-officio members
• Keep an up-to-date membership roster
• Maintain complete membership records in a database
• Recruit new members
• Print and distribute a membership directory annually
• Take charge of all membership activities.
• Members will need to staff the booth at Diversity Fair during ALA annual meetings.
• Assist the President during Annual Membership Meeting and make current membership list available to Executive Director and President during meeting.
• Update the membership application and renewal forms on the CALA website (send changes to webmaster)
• Maintain an up-to-date membership database
• Conduct annual fundraising for membership directory printing
• Print membership directory
• Distribute membership directory
• Inform President, Vice President/President of new members
• In the past, Membership Committee sells membership name & address labels to vendor for one time use only at $100 per set. The 2006/2007 Executive Board approved that membership committee will no longer sell name labels to protect the privacy and right of our members.
• Actively recruit potential members through CALA Listserv and website
o Revise both membership application form and renewal form to reflect the correct information
o Call for membership renewal
o Send out a follow-up reminder for membership renewal
o Begin fundraising and locate suitable printer for the directory
o Process membership data for directory printing
o Print the directory
o Distribute the directory
Report Due Dates
Interim: Two weeks before the board meeting at mid-winter meeting.
Annual: Two weeks before the board meeting at annual conference.