International Relations Committee
To promote, coordinate, and support non-political international library related activities and programs within CALA's objectives and guidelines.
Composition & Term(s) of Office
Makeup: Two members minimum
Chair: One year term
Member: One year term
• Promote international cooperation among librarians and libraries in Asian countries
• Correspond and assist with oversea CALA members that are coming to the United States to visit.
• Chairperson is required to attend ALA/International Relations Board meeting and report back to Board
• Attend International Librarians Reception (Fee Program) during Annual ALA Conference
• Serve as a liaison to the ALA/International Relations Committee
• Serve as a liaison to the International Relations Round Table. Attend ALA/IRRT Board meeting
• Inform Board and members of any International conferences/events related to the library profession
Communication & Consultation
• Executive Director
• Local Arrangement Committee Chair
Report Due Dates
Interim: Two weeks before the board meeting at mid-winter meeting.
Annual: Two weeks before the board meeting at annual conference.