To select and recommend a recipient for the Distinguished Service Award of the Chinese American Librarians Association (CALA) in accordance to the criteria and guidelines established by the Board. In case of special circumstances, including but not limited to no award, disputes, and cases involving conflicts of interest, the Board of Directors shall make the final decision on the award(s).
Composition & Term(s) of Office
Makeup: Shall consist of odd number of members, including the chairperson.
Chair: Appointed by the President with the Board for an one year term and cannot serve a consecutive term
• Members shall be personal members in good standing.
• Appointed for an one year term and cannot serve a consecutive term.
• All members have voting privilege.
• Shall select and recommend a recipient for the CALA Distinguished Service Award in accordance with the criteria and guidelines established by the Board.
• Shall announce the name of the award recipient in the CALA Newsletter and on CALA listsery and website.
• Most committee business are conducted online
• Call for nominations.
• Solicit supporting letters.
• Review/evaluate nomination documentations
• Rank the nominees, discuss, and select the winner.
• Present recommendation of the recipient to the President and the Executive Director for forwarding to the Board for approval.
• Ask the Executive Director to prepare plaque and certificate for the award recipient.
• Post the "Call for Nominations" on CALA listsery and--website.
• Announce the name of the award recipient in the CALA Newsletter and on CALA listsery and website.
o Post the "Call for Nominations"
o Solicit supporting letters
o Review/evaluate nomination documentations
o Present recommendation of the recipient to the President and the Executive Director (allow the Board to act on the recommendation at least 30 days prior to the annual membership meeting).
Report Due Dates
Interim: Interim report is due in December
Annual: Annual report is due in May