East View Information Services: Chinese Content Specialist
East View Information Services
Position: Chinese Content Specialist
Deadline Date: Open until filled.
East View Information Services (EVIS) is a leading provider of native and translated foreign language information products and services, including Russian, Chinese, Arabic and Ukrainian databases, print periodicals, books and microforms. EVIS serves all geographies and many market segments, including academic institutions, government organizations, corporations and public and federal libraries.
EVIS seeks an experienced library professional that can represent East View’s interest with its vital Chinese partners and content. We require a high energy, detailed-oriented team player with excellent communication skills as well as the ability to handle multiple and changing priorities.
- Acquiring materials in Chinese from various vendors and publishers
- Customer support for online Chinese databases
- Cataloging, bibliographical control and transliteration of Chinese language content
- Participation in product development initiatives
- Fluent Chinese
- College degree - Library Science preferred
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Goal oriented with strong interpersonal skills and initiative
- Solid knowledge of MS Office Suite including Word and Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
This position will be based in Minneapolis, MN.
Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org