Georgia State University: Business Librarian
Georgia State University
Position: Business Librarian
Deadline Date: Open until filled.
Position and Responsibilities: The University Library seeks a committed and energetic librarian to serve the teaching and research needs of students and faculty associated with the J. Mack Robinson College of Business. The college includes the departments of Accountancy, Managerial Sciences, Computer Information Systems, Marketing, Finance, Health Administration, Real Estate, Hospitality, Risk Management & Insurance, and International Business. The Robinson College of Business is the ninth largest business school in the United States with approximately 200 full-time faculty; it is consistently ranked by US News & World Report in the top 50 overall for undergraduate programs, and the part-time MBA has placed in the top 10 for twelve years.
This position is one of a three-librarian team responsible for support for the Robinson College of Business. Each librarian is responsible for 4-6 departments with assignments based on skills, background and experience. The successful candidate will deliver quality, in-depth reference and consultation services in the designated subject areas; develop library collections in the assigned areas; promote the library and information literacy; foster communication between the assigned department and the library. Subject librarians assist with the general reference service that includes desk and virtual reference hours and are responsible for occasional weekend and evening hours. Subject librarians serve on library committees and engage in scholarly activities.
For additional information about the Georgia State University Library: http://www.library.gsu.edu
- ALA-accredited Master’s degree in Library Science.
- Demonstrated ability and experience using business-related resources.
- Proficiency in the use of relevant technology for instruction and outreach purposes.
- Knowledge of collection development issues and trends.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in business or economics.
- Experience providing research services within an academic library, particularly reference and instruction in business or a related subject area.
- Experience with collection development in business or related subject areas, including selection of materials and management of collection budget.
- Demonstrated interest in scholarly and professional activities.
Salary and Rank:
Minimum salary of $44,000 for 12 months commensurate with the candidate’s education and experience. Appointment at a faculty rank, on a contract renewal basis.
Submit a cover letter addressing the above qualifications; resume; name, address and phone number of three references, including immediate supervisor. Review of materials will begin February 8, 2010 and continue until the position is filled. Send materials to:
Human Resources Coordinator
Georgia State University
100 Decatur Street, SE, Atlanta, GA 30303-3202